Huwebes, Nobyembre 1, 2012

CROSSROADS


Crossroads.

I want a job. I looked for a job. I found a job. Now, I wanna quit that job.

This is exactly what I feel right now. My job is not as easy as I thought it would be. I thought being a call center agent is all about answering calls, assisting customers and things like that. But by being on the “floor,” I found out that my thoughts about it is way too far from what is really happening in reality. Pressure, sweat (in an air-conditioned office? haha) and tears is all part of that.

Having conversations with different customers with different personalities every day, six days a week, makes me want to give up my job. COME ON! I don’t know if it’s just me or every customer I am assisting is a challenge. As a call center agent I should provide customer with the kind of service, they think they deserve even if in the back of my mind I know they don’t deserve any of it. :D

But do you know what’s worse? BEING HUMILIATED BY SOMEONE YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW. that’s bullshit. I have this co-agent whom I thought, at first impression, was good, responsible and I could consider a friend inside the office. But when my first call of the day strikes, my first impression suddenly went missing. My co-agent interferes with my every call and I came to a point where in I put the customer on hold and told her “ate ikaw na kaya makipag usap sa customer ko.” I thought her meddling will end by that time, but I was wrong. It’s just the beginning. I went on a battle unprepared.

After that call, she started murmuring things like “nagmamagaling ka na kagad.” “ikaw na nga tong tinutulungan ikaw pa tong galit.” “kung magaling ka, dun ka na sa ibang station.” “alam mo, kung hindi mo kaya umalis ka na lang dito, hindi naming kailanagan ng tulad mo dito.” WHAT THE FUCK. You call it a fucking help? Interrupting me in the middle of a call? Is that how you define help? Thanks, but no thanks. Her atrocious manner isn’t the point here, my point is I worked longer than she and she acted as if she been there for like years. Damn it.

Things like that make me want to quit my job. When these things happened to me, a question unexpectedly pops out in my mind. “why am I working?” do I really need to have a job right now? Do I really have to divide my time for school and office? I know having a job isn’t just about earning money, it’s about knowing your self-worth. But sometimes proving your self-worth will actually open your eyes to the fact that it not easy to find your own place in this big world. You will encounter crossroads along the way and it is solely up to you on which path you’re going to choose. Up to now I’m still in the middle of my own crossroad, thinking if I’m on the right track or should I make u-turn and try the other way around. But to whatever decision I will come up, I hope I won’t regret it in the future.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento